Christopher K. Morris
166 Glory Court, Jonesborough, TN 37659
Phone: (571) 551-9551 Email: email@example.com
Career Focus: Software Engineering and Web Development
- Results-oriented Software Engineer with 7 years experience developing internet-based web applications.
- Proficient with a wide variety of programming languages and platforms.
- Forward-thinker capable of quick and resolute problem solving.
- Articulate and professional communication skills; works well in fast paced work environments.
- Skilled at team collaboration while working independently.
Senior Software Engineer
Wynbi, Inc. (December 2015 - Present)
- Lead a team of developers to re-architect and migrate a legacy Ruby on Rails application.
- Created a user friendly administrative interface for managing user and business accounts.
- Followed test driven development methodology; created automated unit and functional tests in RSpec.
- Used the pundit gem for setting up a comprehensive set of user policies and permissions.
- Used Chef to perform configuration management of the staging and production environments.
- Used encrypted data bags to secure sensitive environment variables in staging and production.
- Used Capistrano to automate deployments of the staging and production server environments.
- Deployed ROR applications with Phusion Passenger/NGINX.
- Managed and fixed bugs with JIRA bug tracking application.
- Developed a custom message broker using Rails 5’s ActionCable.
- Used NewRelic and other performance measuring tools to pinpoint bottlenecks and develop fixes.
- Created and updated software documentation: user guides, install guides, admin guides, etc.
- Used Git to store project source code and documentation.
- Automated many manual tasks with Rake, including documentation building/rebuilding.
- Analyzed the production database to find and fix blocking queries.
- Implemented Honeybadger.io to track and resolve errors discovered in the production environment.
- Optimized API access times and improved database performance.
- Synchronized data from several third party integrations for use on the Wynbi platform.
ID.me, Inc. (October 2013 - December 2015)
- Developed a Ruby gem to integrate the platform services into Spree based Ruby on Rails applications.
- Followed test driven development methodology; created automated unit and functional tests.
- Exposed metrics to enable iterative development of the user experience in a data-driven manner.
- Cross-trained with DevOps to learn Chef to provide additional resources for mission-critical tasks.
- Worked on a team implementing a version controlled API in a Service Oriented Architecture environment.
- Understood and used oAuth2 to delegate user authentication to third-party services.
- Used Honeybadger.io to track and resolve errors discovered in the production environment.
- Drove releases for the internal analytics and user metrics administrative dashboard.
- Conducted A/B Testing on the marketplace using Optimizely experience optimization software.
- Used Capistrano to automate deployments to the staging environment.
Synaptian, Inc. (August 2012 - October 2013)
- Designed or customized web applications for various clients.
- Integrated the Stripe payment system with several publicly facing applications.
- Implemented Recaptcha for a client to reduce robot/non-human interaction.
- Integrated MailChimp for automated newsletter signups, unsubscribes, and delivery.
- Deployed Ruby on Rails applications using Capistrano, Unicorn, and NGINX.
- Created automated unit and functional tests using RSpec and Guard.
- Understood functional requirements and delivered well-tested code.
- Prepared program-level and user-level documentation.
- Optimized page load times and database performance.
- Built search functionality using Sunspot Solr.
- Used Git to store code and documentation primarily; also used Subversion revision control system.
- Worked with a client’s development team to discover and troubleshoot problems in Rack Middleware.
- Integrated social login features with OmniAuth and Devise in Ruby on Rails Applications.
- Taught Ruby on Rails training classes.
- Developed numerous Ruby on Rails applications for small businesses.
- Provided performance enhancements for existing Ruby on Rails applications.
- Built custom reporting tools to help manage business activity.
Database Technologies: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis Key-Value Store
Operating Systems: Mac OS X, Unix/Linux/Solaris, Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP/7/8/10, DOS
Concepts/Technologies: Object-Oriented Programming, Relational Database Design, Data Modeling, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Web Technologies/Apps: Ruby on Rails, RSpec, Guard, Test::Unit, Node.js, Ember.js, Twitter Bootstrap, Spree, HTML, CSS, HAML, SASS, Rack Middleware, Mongrel, Unicorn, Thin, Puma, Fusion Passenger, Apache, NGINX, AJAX, XML, JSON, oAuth/oAuth2, Devise, JWT, jQuery, Capistrano, Test Driven Development (TDD), JIRA, Recaptcha, Dovecot, IMAP, Postfix, AWS, Nokogiri, XPath, Mechanize, Restful APIs, Chef/Chef Server, Git, Subversion